Parts of a Plant Science Poster
This parts of a plant science poster cover what each part of the plant function is from the flower, stem, leaves, fruit, see, and roots.
Each Part of The Plant Serves A Function
• Site of photosynthesis
• Absorbs sunlight to produce energy
• The site of the majority of transpiration
Science Vocabulary Words:
Photosynthesis is the process of absorbing sunlight and turning it into energy.
Transpiration is the process by which moisture is carried through plants from roots to small pores on the underside of leaves, where it changes to vapor and is released to the atmosphere.
Transpiration is essentially evaporation of water from plant leaves. You don’t see the leaves “sweating” but it is happening. The activity below shows it in action.
• Protects the seeds.
• Many fruits are edible by animals and humans.
• Channel for water, nutrients, and sugar transportation throughout the plant.
• Supports buds and leaves.
• The site of reproduction.
• Contain male and or female parts.
• Can be bright and fragrant to attract pollinators like bees and hummingbirds.
• Contain an embryo which will become a new plant.
• Absorbs water and minerals from the soil.
• Provides an anchor for the plant in the ground.
• Supports stem structures.
Books On Amazon For Learning About The Plant Cycle